New features include a separate analog volume control for line outputs so the Zdac v.2 can be connected directly to a power amp and save the expense of a preamplifier. The headphone amp features 1/8” and 1/4″ headphone jacks and its own volume control.
The Zdac v.2 sounds natural and less ‘digital’ than more expensive DACs thanks to Parasound’s asynchronous sample rate converter. A precise re-clocking system eliminates bitstream-contaminating jitter that’s picked up along the digital signal chain. Unlike many other DACs, the Zdac v.2 eliminates jitter on all of its inputs, not only the USB input.
The Zdac includes a built-in low noise linear power supply with a high capacity toroid power transformer for the cleanest possible sound, incredible dynamic range and high-impact bass response.
- Analog volume control for RCA and XLR outputs
- Separate volume control for the headphone Jacks
- Digital audio connection to LightingTM jack-equipped Apple® devices (USB adapter required)
- Updated headphone amp with increased gain
- 1/4″ and 1/8″ 24k gold plated headphone jacks
- 12V input and output triggers
- Volume control lock out switch
- Premium Analog Devices AD1853 24-bit/192 kHz Digital to Analog Converter IC
- All inputs feature jitter reduction and are re-clocked and up-sampled to 422 kHz / 24 bit
- Asynchronous sample rate conversion for all inputs including the USB input
- Works with any format file on your computer up to 96 kHz / 24 bit
- Optical and Coaxial digital inputs for use with any standard digital connection
- RCA unbalanced and XLR balanced analog outputs
- High current headphone output with volume control can drive any headphones from 32 to 600 ohms
- Will always power back up to the same input in the event of an AC power outage